Ocean Seven 310 Multiparameter CTD
28Hz VERY-LOW-POWER, SELF-RECORDING and PROFILING MULTIPARAMETER CTD
The OCEAN SEVEN 310 multiparameter CTD represents a real breakthrough in the concept of miniaturization, integration and performance. Thanks to the adoption of a new generation of electronic devices, the OS310 can interface several analogue and digital sensors and can guarantee sampling rates up to 28Hz. The operator can easily select the OS310 sampling rate from 1Hz to 28Hz (samples per second), according to the required monitoring or profiling activity. The OS310 CTD can be easily integrated/adapted to third-party systems like floating profilers and/or oceanographic moorings, ROVs and AUVs. IDRONAUT prides itself on the design of its full ocean depth, low maintenance sensors. The OS310 does not require pumps or any other external device to flush the sensors, which minimizes its power consumption. The OS310 is characterized by a drift free sensors preamplifier.
FEATURES AND OPTIONS AVAILABLE
The high accuracy seven-platinum-ring quartz conductivity cell (patented) can be cleaned in the field without the need for re-calibration. This unique quartz cell employs a large diameter (8mm) and a short length (46mm) to guarantee self-flushing and no clogging after long-term deployment even in biologically active waters. Furthermore, an optional UV LED (280 nm), integrated into the conductivity cell, sterilizes the sample under measurement, thus avoiding the early growth of biofouling inside the quartz measuring cell.
Features a very fast platinum resistance thermometer (response time: 50 ms). Negligible self-heating effect. Optionally combined C/T sensor featuring a 7ms fast thermistor (20 ms after processing) integrated in the conductivity cell is available upon request.
The OS310 CTD is equipped with a 4Gbyte data memory, which allows the storing of about 250 millions data sets, each one being composed of the reading of all the installed sensors plus the acquisition date and time. The OS310 communicates at a speed up to 115k2 bps, thus keeping data uploading time to a minimum.
The OS310 multiparameter CTD can be equipped with the following sensors to measure:
(1) At 1 m/second flow rate.
(2) From nitrogen to air.
(3) Other standard pressure transducers: 10, 40, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 7000, 10000 dbar.
(4) Differential pH preamplifier, 1013 ÷ 1014 ohm input impedance.
(5) Optional extended range, available upon request.
(6) Blue label membrane cap for profiling and monitoring.
(7) White label membrane cap for fast profiling.
The fundamental properties of seawater like: Salinity, Sound Speed, Water Density, Oxygen ppm are obtained using the algorithms described in the UNESCO “Technical papers in marine science no.44”.
The fresh water properties like: TDS (Total Dissolved Solids), Fresh Water Conductivity corrected at 20°C and 25°C are automatically calculated.
The OS310 can be optionally equipped with up to 14 analogue sensors and 2 digital devices.
The measuring range, resolution, accuracy and time constant if not indicated, belong to the interfaced sensor.
Sampling system: GENERAL OCEANICS 1018 Rosette, IDRONAUT Miniaturized 6 bottles Water Sampling System.
(1) Other standard pressure transducers: 100, 1000, 2000, 4000, 7000 dbar.
(2) Provided with auto-range: 25, 125, 500, >4000 FTU; 5, 15, 50, 150 µg/l.
(3) Chlorophyll a, Phycocyanin, Phycoerythrin for algae monitoring; Rhodamine WT or Fluorescein for dye tracing applications; Nephelometer for turbidity monitoring.
(4)Alternatively it is possible to interface the Turner Designs CYCLOPS-7FTM. Up to 3 Fluorometers can be interfaced through the Turner Designs C3TM.
For more information and warranty policy about Turner Designs products, please visit the manufacturer’s website: C-FLUORTM, CYCLOPS-7FTM, C3TM.
CYCLOPS-7FTM, C-FLUORTM, C3TM trademarks are property of Turner Designs, Inc.
Idronaut software allow the operator to configure the OS310 data acquisition, logger functions and upload data from the memory. They are:
- WTERM: Windows Terminal emulation software to easily communicate with the OS310 using the built-in operator interface and communication protocol. Users are easily able to view real time data, configure the probe for unattended acquisition and upload stored data.
- REDAS-5: Windows Data processing and retrieval software, which allows the display and plotting of conductivity, temperature, pressure and derived variables such as salinity, sound speed and water density, according to UNESCO formulas and recommendations.