Ocean Seven 316S
SELF-RECORDING, PROFILING, REALTIME TELEMETRY 7000m, MULTIPARAMETER
The OCEAN SEVEN 316S CTD multiparameter probe is equipped with the IDRONAUT full ocean depth long-term stability sensors, central to which, is the high accuracy seven-platinum-ring quartz conductivity cell. The OS316S does not require pump or any other external device to flush the sensors, which minimizes its power consumption and allows the use in Arctica and Antarctica. For added flexibility, the OS316S can be easily interfaced/integrated on buoys, ROVs and AUVs, thus making this probe an ideal choice for both on-line profiling and self-recording moored applications. Optional data telemetry is available for on-line full ocean depth, real-time communications. The OS316S can optionally accommodate analogue and digital inputs dedicated to interface external sensors.
FEATURES AND OPTIONS AVAILABLE
The high accuracy seven-platinum-ring quartz conductivity cell (patented) can be cleaned in the field without the need for re-calibration. This unique quartz cell employs a large diameter (8mm) and a short length (46mm) to guarantee self-flushing and no clogging after long-term deployment even in biologically active waters. Furthermore, optionally two UV-LED (Ultraviolet, 280 nm @500μW, Light-Emitting Diode) are integrated into the conductivity cell, sterilizing the sample under measurement, thus avoiding the early growth of biofouling inside the quartz measuring cell.
Features a very fast platinum resistance thermometer (response time: 50ms). Negligible self-heating effect. Optionally combined C/T sensor featuring a 7ms fast thermistor (20ms after processing) integrated in the conductivity cell is available upon request.
Allows storage of up to 300M dataset, each one being composed of the reading of all installed sensors plus the date & time, using the internal 4 GByte data memory. The OS316S communicates at a default speed of 38k4 bps, thus keeping data uploading time to a minimum.
- CONTINUOUS:Sampling at configurable rate.
- PRESSURE:Data is sampled at pressure intervals.
- TIMED:Data is sampled at time interval.
- CONDITIONAL:Data is sampled when a threshold value is reached.
- BURST:Burst sampling at time intervals.
(1) At 1 m/sec flow rate.
(2) From nitrogen to air.
(3) Other standard pressure transducers: 10,40,100,200,500,1000,2000,4000,7000,10000 dbar.
(4) Differential pH preamplifier, 1013 ÷ 1014 ohm input impedance.
(5) Optional extended range, available upon request.
(6) Blue label membrane cap for profiling and monitoring.
(7) White label membrane cap for fast profiling.
The fundamental properties of seawater like: Salinity, Water Density, Oxygen ppm are obtained using the algorithms described in the UNESCO “Technical papers in marine science no.44”.
The fresh water properties like: TDS (Total Dissolved Solids), Fresh Water Conductivity corrected at 20°C and 25°C are automatically calculated.
Sampling system: GO ROSETTE 1018 / IDRONAUT MISS / SBE32 CAROUSEL.
(1) Other standard pressure transducers: 100, 1000, 2000, 4000, 7000 dbar.
(2) Provided with auto-range: 25, 125, 500, >4000 FTU; 5, 15, 50, 150 µg/l.
(3) Chlorophyll a, Phycocyanin, Phycoerythrin for algae monitoring; Rhodamine WT or Fluorescein for dye tracing applications; Nephelometer for turbidity monitoring.
(4)Alternatively it is possible to interface the Turner Designs CYCLOPS-7FTM. Up to 6 Fluorometers can be interfaced through the Turner Designs C3TM/C6PTM.
For more information and warranty policy about Turner Designs products, please visit the manufacturer’s website: C-FLUORTM, CYCLOPS-7FTM, C3TM, C6PTM.
CYCLOPS-7FTM, C-FLUORTM, C3TM, C6PTM trademarks are property of Turner Designs, Inc.
Idronaut software allow the operator to configure the OS316S data acquisition, logger functions and upload data from the memory. They are:
- WTERM: Windows Terminal emulation software to easily communicate with the OS316S using the built-in operator interface and communication protocol. Users are easily able to view real time data, configure the probe for unattended acquisition and upload stored data.
- REDAS-5: Windows Data processing and retrieval software, which allows the display and plotting of conductivity, temperature, pressure and derived variables such as salinity, sound speed and water density, according to UNESCO formulas and recommendations.